Thursday, December 30, 2010

Thursday Shmursday

So this was my travel blog, but I feel like keeping it up for a while. I'mmmm baaaack!

I saw this idea on a blog called The Daybook (http://tandsdaybook.blogspot.com/) and I thought it was hilarious, and I wanted to put a spin on it. She calls is Awkward Awesome Thursday, but I didn't want to plagiarize too badly.

Awkward:
  • When you meet someone, and you say 'oh, nice to meet you!' And they say, um...we've already met. And you say 'oh right ha ha...I TOTALLY remember...when you really don't. Can I just say how many times this happens to me? I have the worst memory.
  • When you introduce your dog to your friends, and he isn't as cute as you know he should be, or he humps them.
  • Yelling at people from your car, and then you realize that your window was down and they probably heard you call them bad names.
  • Falling down in public. I did it at the Vatican this past summer, and I'm sure I'll do it sometime this winter in the snow.
  • Someone telling you a story, of which you've already know the details from your great stalking skills on Facebook, but you have to pretend that you haven't heard because you don't want your friends to think your a creeepeeer.

Awesome:
  • The last day of 2010 is tomorrow!
  • Guy Atchley, a local news anchor in Tucson, teaches yoga at the place I want to start taking yoga at. (Every time my boyfriend and I watch tv and a commercial with Guy Atchley comes on, we say Shut UP Guy Atchley.)
  • Online shopping for all black clothes for AVEDA!! (sidenote: I asked my mom what she thought about me getting some thigh high boots, and she said I would probably look like an elf-prostitute.)
So I graduated college. Yay! I don't feel any different. In fact, I feel a little sad because I'm going to miss the college experience! I don't feel like I'm old enough to be a college graduate, but I gotta put my big girl pants on and get shit done. I've got so much free time, and I've done absolutely nothing so far! This is the first time in my life that I have no more school to do. So you want to know what I'm going to do? Go back to school. I've been accepted into the Aveda Institute of cosmetology. It starts in March, and I'm very excited. Just don't tell my grandma. It already aggravates her that I'm not dating a Jewish guy.


Said un-Jew and family and me!

I had a great Christmas, I've been up in Flagstaff since the 19th, and my godmother Kim and my cousin Ariel came into town, along with Nick. I got some great presents, including a Coach wristlet and BALLROOM dancing lessons from Nick. Good job snuggle buns. It has been hard to be here, with my dad gone, and I don't really know how to deal with it. But I won't dwell on that.


The Girls at our fifth annual Christmas party!

Anyway, right now we in Flagstaff are stuck in the middle of a snowstorm, and the 17 is closed in and out. I couldn't get away even if I tried! I'll leave you with this picture of the lighthouse on Westcliff in Santa Cruz. Wish it was sunny and not -5000 degrees!

No comments:

Post a Comment