Thursday, July 8, 2010

Almost home!

So since my last blog, we've just been relaxing. Its been wonderful here! Yesterday we spent the day at the beach, and then took a nap and got ready to watch the Germany vs. Spain World Cup match. Normally I don't watch soccer…or any other sport for that matter, but Kendra, Kelly and Farrah were really excited for the Germans to play, because they love Germany and Kendra has family there. It was crazy seeing the game here though, because there were actual Germans and Spanish. They had flags and everything. Germany lost, and so the girls were upset. At one point, Kendra's sunglasses fell off of her head, and somehow when I went to pick them up, my shoe fell off, and when I sat back up, I said "Where's my shoe?" and looked down, and Kendra had it on her foot. We laughed about that for a good ten minutes.


Sadly since yesterday I've not been feeling good. I've got a lot of snot! And I think I might have a fever. But at least its at the end of the trip, and not the beginning. I can't wait to come home! Traveling has been great, but there are so many things that I'm looking forward to! So many things.


Today we said goodbye to the girls. So this morning we came downstairs to meet them and saw that they were about to leave because they had to leave earlier than we had thought, and so they left us a very cute note, but luckily we saw them in time. They are traveling back to Germany, and Fran and I are staying here in the Cinque Terre for one more night before starting the trek back home. Tomorrow I probably won't have time to write, because we are leaving here pretty early, on the train back to Rome, which will take about four hours. And then another train to the airport. Our flight leaves at 9.30 pm, and then we have a 14 hour layover in Dublin, then a five hour layover in Chicago before heading to Phoenix. And theeeen we get to drive for an hour and a half to Tucson!! Its gonna be like 28 hours of traveling, but at least we get a day back.


And I realize that I'm not taking very many photos here. When I'm sick I don't even want to move! So I had Fran take one of me in the marina by the beach.


And of this cute cat in a flower box.

2 comments:

  1. Just spent ~18 hours reading through your blog... I'm pretty jealous. Seems like an amazing trip. I keep telling Amber that we should go to Greece, but she's always like "blah blah blah kids, blah blah blah money...". Maybe someday. Look forward to seeing you soon.

    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the worst blog I've ever read. Who writes this crap? Oh... my cousin... sorry... heh... it's good! Love you!

    Haha, I hope you see u at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete