Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Last Day in Athens

Today was our last full day in Greece. Its hard to believe that we've been here for three weeks already! The time flew by but at the same time each day was so long and took forever.


Today was free, and so me and some girls did even more shopping! We stopped at our normal 2 euro gyro place :) for lunch, and then just relaxed for the rest of the afternoon. We had a nice dinner planned at a taverna for us by the women at HERC, who are the same people that planned out all the details of our trip.


Dinner was nice, I got my 3000th dish of chicken souvlaki, with ice cream for dessert. I was planning on getting one last chocolate banana crepe, but after dinner I was too stuffed. I might get one in the morning before we leave for Rome.


After dinner we did a sort of its-the-last-day/dinner-so-we-should-take-a-lot-of-pictures type thing.

Me and Lauren.

Cuz we're the four best friends that anyone could have!

We are really cute!
Me and Katie got matching dresses!

The whole group on the last night.

Me and Fran in our Rome dresses. That is, our dresses that we bought to wear in Rome but decided to wear in Athens.

We were trying to eskimo kiss with our half Jew noses.

A really cool bar that we passed by!

Aaaand me Fran and Erica in the elevator going back to our rooms.


I'm a little sad, just because I've come to know these people, and they've shared everything with me for the past three weeks. Also because everyone else is going home! I really do miss everything at home, both in Tucson and Flagstaff. Its amazing that I get to travel all around and see all of these things that I've wanted to see with more to come starting tomorrow, but its so hard being away from everyone and everything that I love. I kind of wish that all of these places and people can be mixed into one place, but I also can't wait to come home!

No comments:

Post a Comment