Monday, June 21, 2010

This is Sparta!

Today, we drove to Mt. Lykaion, where a group of students from UofA and University of Pennsilvania are currently excavating. It was super high up, and supposed to be one of the birth places of Zeus (I think it was Mt. Ida). It was a nice day, not super hot and a little cloudy, but as soon as we reached the peak of the mountain, the winds picked up and I was freezing! Other than that it was beautiful, and it would be a great place to do a dig. The students said they would be there for 6 weeks, trying to find a Temple to Pan.


The view was great, and you can see most of the Peloponnesus from the top.

They served us lunch, and we hopped back on the bus to drive to Sparta.

The view from the tippy top of Mt. Lykaion.

I think my face says it all. Someone wore shorts and flip flops to climb the mountain. What a dummy.


And since we got here, we've been Sparta kicking everything. We Sparta kicked our hotel room door, we Sparta-kicked some milk and cookies on the balcony, and we Sparta-kicked each other. I would totally Sparta-kick some Persians if I see any.

No comments:

Post a Comment