Monday, June 28, 2010

Mykonos!

Yesterday we left Naxos for Mykonos. The ferry wasn't too long, it was an hour ride to Paros where we had an hour and a half before our next ferry to Mykonos. Once we got there, we walked forever (not really, it only felt like it because we had to carry our luggage in the heat for about twenty minutes) to our hotel, which like in Naxos is right by the port and the water.


As soon as we got into our hotel we changed into our swim suits and hopped on a bus to go to Paradise Beach. Apparently Mykonos is a huge party island. And a huge gay island. Lots and lots of parties and gay men.


There was a dance party on the beach, but I fell asleep.


This is just about the only picture that was taken on my camera yesterday! Sorry!


We went to dinner at a nice place, but I made the mistake of petting one of the stray cats, because it jumped into my lap while I was eating. Gross!


Today we had a free day. We were supposed to go to the island of Delos, which is about half an hour away, but the island which is not inhabited, is closed on Mondays. So we went to the beach again! We decided to go to a different beach, I can't remember the name of it though.

Natalie, me and Lauren in front of the hotel.

A little restaraunt that had the prettiest overhanging flowers and matching pink chairs. I wish we ate here!

Me at the beach we went to today.

We got ripped off by a restaurant with beach chairs, something about not having to pay for the chairs if you ate at the restaurant, but it was a load of crap. Four gay men sat next to us, and I helped them haggle for a fake Lois Vuiton bag! We made friends with Franz, Christian, Maurice, and Ralf from Austria. Maurice did our hair.


We then hopped on the bus back, and got yelled at for a good 15 minutes by the bus driver because we had sandy feet. Sandy feet at the beach. Oh, I also got yelled at yesterday for hanging my wet clothes out of my window to dry. The hotel owner said it looked like a gypsy camp. Oh, and he also yelled at us because we forgot to turn off the air conditioning when we left the room. I don't recommend to Hotel Leftaris in Mykonos.


Anyway, we stopped at some places on the way back to our hotel. Mykonos is so picturesque, I would love to come back here some time!

Some of the girls walking through the windy little streets.

These are everywhere in Greece! They are 'evil eyes' and they are supposed to ward away evil spirits.


Old Port of Mykonos at dusk.

You can't see them from here, but there are six windmills like these on a hill overlooking the Old Port. One of the tops collapsed, so technically there are five, but they are a really well known site here.

And to end the night, a man and his pelican.

No comments:

Post a Comment